As an expert in Arkansas residential window replacement, the team at SC Home – Roofing, Windows & Siding receives many questions with regard to the best time to replace windows in a home.
The short answer is NOW! Of course, if your home’s existing windows have extensive damage, you will want to replace them right away. However, emergencies aren’t the only good reason for home window replacement, and doing this before summer is a smart idea for several reasons.
- Temperature. Arkansas summers get hot and humid, and many old windows are not air tight. All that hot, sticky air will creep into your home, and these windows won’t keep the cold air conditioning in. Beating the heat means doing all that you can to keep it out of your home, and replacing your windows may be just the ticket. The same follows for the winter months too. Your old windows will let cold air in, and heat out.
- Energy costs. Old windows generally are not energy efficient, and the summer heat will sneak in if they lack an air tight seal. This means you will have to keep turning the AC up if you want your home to remain cool, and this gets costly. Replacing your windows before summer can help you start to cut energy costs right away.
- Tax credits. If you have an energy efficient home, you might be eligible for tax rebates and energy credits. You can receive a federal tax credit of up to $500 by installing energy saving windows!
- Value. New windows add value and curb appeal. If you are planning to sell your home at any time, window replacement can be beneficial—according to HGTV, 60%-90% of your cost of installation could be recouped when you sell. Take advantage of all of the benefits to replacing your home’s windows now, while you are still living in your home.
- Security. The safety and security of you, and your family, should be a priority, and the sooner you can do something to increase security, the better. Old, single pane windows may be easier for thieves to break, but new windows with security glazing can be much harder to shatter. Also, older windows often have a sash and frame and lock in poor condition, which means they are easier to infiltrate. You are able to enjoy enhanced security by replacing windows now!
The sooner you call the team at SC Home – Roofing, Windows & Siding for your residential window replacement, the better. Enjoy the benefits of new home windows that are listed here, and additional benefits, such as a quieter home and a reduced need for maintenance. If you would like to know about your window replacement options, you can reach us by phone at (501) 588-0842 or you can contact us online.